Friday, March 8, 2013

My Internet identity thief

/Image via parentdish.com
 

I don't have much to go on, but I like the comic book stereotype that fits my Internet identity thief like a burglar's glove.

The Discover card has been getting a workout lately and someone not only swiped the card info but also my cellphone number. With that information in his not quite fully formed hands, my identity thief promptly called QVC and Staples trying to buy a laptop, then he bought a few volumes from an online comic books store.

The profile: male; age 13-19; computer proficient; gets low parental oversight, given belief that he can get away with having a new laptop shipped to his home; he's just getting started, going for laptops and comic books today will be swapped for wide-screen televisions and jewelry tomorrow.

No comments: